The Family Room is a living space for everyone. Here’s where you’ll find your kids when they’ve run off for a few hours. It’s also here that you can get the keys for the canoes. This is where it all happens, open from 8 a.m. to late at night.
At our 200 m² reception and tourist information area, you can borrow hiking maps, board games, wooden games, costumes for children, puppets or music. Wi-Fi is also available.
Upstairs, there’s a barefoot area just like at home with a TV nook, a library and areas for playing quiet games.
Vegetable garden to the north, semi-covered terrace to the south, facing the swimming pool.
The bar and restaurant are also in the Family Room, but it’s above all your living space, whether you order something or not. That’s what makes this place so special, and what makes the restaurant so lively, with families playing games, friends enjoying a Norwegian candle on the terrace, while couples are enjoying a meal.
Our simple cuisine features local produce from the small organic farms of our valley. The restaurant is open from 15 June to 15 September, but we work with caterers for groups outside these dates. Enjoy pizza made with local flour and organic ingredients, fresh local meats, homemade burgers, a kids’ menu and daily specials. We use quality products, much to the delight of our customers.
We also serve a continental breakfast with pastries (7 euros/pers.) and English breakfast by reservation (served in the Family Room for groups: 11 euros/pers.)
The Garden Room
For your family get-togethers, reunions, business meetings and nature or outdoor seminars, we created the Garden Room. Facing the Fragrant Garden, the room is on an unspoilt island of nature, secluded from the rest of the campsite. In an old bistro atmosphere and with a practical design, the Garden Room features a fully-equipped kitchen and a pellet stove, with a capacity of 30 people. You can also enjoy the Roman Bath, just next door.
Ziplines and treetop adventure trails
4 giant ziplines cross the Loire River next to Cosy Camp over more than 600 m. Take the leap and discover the thrill of heights, and as a bonus, a stunning view of the gorges and the campsite. At the treetop adventure trail, the state-of-the-art continuous lifeline system guarantees your safety. Unlike a system using carabiners, it’s impossible to unhook yourself before the end of the trail. Reduced rates for campers.
Ages 7 and up – Open from 10 July to 30 August
For the little ones, ages 3 to 6, there’s a smaller, free treetop adventure trail just 50 cm off the ground. Unlimited access to 6 platforms and 5 elements.
Bikes and canoes
Because we wanted to create a different kind of campsite, far from the commercial practices of the big chains, we invested in canoes and bikes that we lend to our guests free of charge. Clients are sometimes surprised and are always delighted to come and pick up the keys to the canoes. The locks ensure that children only use them under supervision. We also provide life vests and oars. You can then use the vessel to your heart’s desire. Float along our calm stretch of river and discover diverse plants and wildlife. Or, cross the river to reach the GR40 footpath (leading to the Way of Saint James) and climb up to Artias Castle overlooking the campsite.
We also have more than 20 children’s bikes and a few adult bikes spread throughout the campsite. They each have a distinctive marking and we ask that parents remind their children not to leave the bike on their pitch, but to put it back in the dedicated areas. And it works! We can’t count the number of kids that have learned to ride a bike here at CosyCamp.
To clear your mind
• Heated outdoor swimming pools
• Wild swimming in the Loire River. Our natural swimming pool, the Loire, flows right in front of CosyCamp
• Borrow a canoe and float along the river
• Wellness area with a 15m² multi-functional, heated indoor swimming pool with counter-current jets, coloured lights, music and relaxation.
• Wellness massages with Régina. More info
• Wander around and discover our gardens: vegetable garden, orchard, medicinal plant garden, herb garden, children’s maze, fragrant garden near the wellness area.
• Fishing with the kids (equipment on site)
• Bird watching. The campsite is an LPO refuge (Bird Protection League)
• Looking for hedgehogs
• Playground and treetop adventure trail for children
• Borrow a board game or a traditional wooden game
• Find a bike your size and race in the alleys of the campsite
• Stroll through the campsite: it’s car-free!
To get your fill
• Canoe trip on the Loire: head out on foot, hop on the train that follows the Loire River, and finish directly in front of the campsite
• Bikes (equipment hire from our partners)
• Hiking (we can loan you guide books and maps. For example, “Les 8 circuits d’interprétation des paysages”.
• TER Train Trail (combination of hiking and local train rides)
• Cross the Loire River on a zipline. 600 m, 4 crossings.